No matter what type of vacation you’re planning with your pet, Virginia is an amazing destination. Not only do many of Virginia's pet friendly accommodations welcome your pet, but they also treat him like a guest and provide special pet friendly perks. Plus, the staff is more than happy to recommend places that you and your dog can go together—making your vacation even more special. Although there are many pet friendly lodging options in Virginia, the following are just a few pet friendly accommodations where the staff loves pets as much as you do and treats them like part of the family.
- Sandbridge Realty Vacation Rentals – Offering the perfect family vacation getaway, Sandbridge Realty manages 43 pet friendly rental homes that welcome dogs in Sandbridge Beach, located in the southern part of Virginia Beach. When you check in to your pet friendly vacation home, your dog will receive complimentary doggie bowls. The staff also provides recommendations on local dog parks and other local dog favorite spots where you and your dog can have fun, bond, and relax!
- Hopkins Ordinary Bed & Breakfast – Located in Sperryville, this pet friendly bed and breakfast inn welcomes pets in the Garden Cottage. When you check in, your furry companion will receive complimentary pet bowls. Feel free to ask the staff about pet friendly walking routes. Not only can they provide maps of the area, but they can also suggest the most scenic areas and customize a route for your dog.
- Holladay House Bed and Breakfast – This pet friendly bed and breakfast inn, located in the town of Orange, welcomes pets in the Garden Room. Upon check-in, your dog or cat will receive a welcome basket, which includes bowls, treats and a toy. If you love taking your dog everywhere, you’re in luck. Visit the pet friendly wineries, which allow you to bring your dog. (The staff provides free winery passes.) Or stop by one of the outdoor eateries that allow dogs.
- Washington Suites Alexandria – Located minutes from Old Town Alexandria, this Virginia pet friendly hotel welcomes pets in designated suites. You’ll feel at home in these pet friendly accommodations, which offer plenty of room for even the largest dog. Cook your pet’s favorite foods in the fully-equipped kitchen. Walk your dog in the hotel’s designated areas, or ask the staff to recommend local dog parks. Visit Old Town Alexandria, and relax at a restaurant that allows dogs in the outdoor dining area.
- Iris Inn – This pet friendly retreat, located in Waynesboro and overlooking the Shenandoah Valley from a 12-acre Blue Ridge mountaintop, welcomes dogs in the Deep Woods Cottage and the Garden Path Cottage. You and your dog can relax in these spacious, pet friendly accommodations and enjoy the beautiful, woodsy surroundings. Explore downtown Waynesboro, which provides areas for dog walking, or visit some of the wineries and breweries that allow dogs.
- Stay-Over Suites – Located in Hopewell, this pet friendly hotel offers your pet tons of love and makes him feel at home. When you check in, your dog or cat will receive complimentary toys. The staff also loves to give out treats. (Your pet probably won’t mind.) You can walk your dog in the designated, pet friendly areas on the hotel property. There are also nearby dog parks to visit so your dog can run and play.
You want to be pampered when you’re on vacation, so choose a pet friendly accommodation that will also offer special amenities for your pet. After all, a vacation is a getaway for the entire family—including your four-legged family member.
Learn more about these and other pet friendly accommodations in Virginia.