Whether I'm traveling with my pets or hanging out with them at home, I love to treat them to some homemade, healthy dog treats. We recently made a couple batches and sent some up to their Uncle Max in Virginia. He loved them! And yes, Uncle Max is dog. :)
These are some of the yummiest gluten-free dog treats...and a favorite of my little ones. Plus, they're super easy to make and hard to mess up!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter (with no sweeteners)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1 teaspon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix all wet ingredients (eggs, pumpkin, and peanut butter)
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, and flaxseed) and gradually add into wet ingredients. Knead as you go. Add additional flour as needed to form dough.
- Knead dough into ball, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and do one of the following:
- Roll onto a floured surface 1/4 inch thick and cut with the cookie cutter.
- On a floured surface, form dough into tubular 1"-2" roll and slice into 1/4" cookies.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 5 to 6 dozen small circles.